All Book of Mormon prophets have taught us about faith in the Lord Jesus Christ, repentance, baptism, the gift of the Holy Ghost and enduring to the end. Mormon also taught about faith, hope and charity (see Moroni 7). In this chapter amidst some of the strongest reprimands for wrong thinking, Mormon blends all of this in very practical terms. It goes like this:
- Repentance leads to Baptism.
- Baptism comes by having Faith that being baptized fulfills God’s commandments.
- Fulfilling commandments leads to Meekness and Lowliness of Heart.
- Meekness and Lowliness of Heart lead to the visitation of the Holy Ghost.
- The visitation of the Holy Ghost fills us with Hope and perfect Love.
- Love endures by diligence unto prayer until the end comes.
Indeed, couple this with the gospel of Christ (Jesus came to do the will of the Father, He suffered for our sins and died on the Cross, and He rose again the third day so all will live again) and you have the best recipe for Christianity.