Wednesday, December 31, 2014

Mormon 9





Moroni makes a fascinating statement in verse 14, indicating that when we are judged at that last day, “he that is happy shall be happy still; and he that is unhappy shall be unhappy still.”  Happiness is largely a choice here in mortality, and I certainly want to be happy in the next life, so what can I do to make sure I’m happy at the Day of Judgment?  Earlier in the Book of Mormon, Alma taught us a few things about happiness.  He taught us that “wickedness never was happiness” (Alma 41:10).  He also taught that we could suppose that those who “die in the faith of Christ are happy in him” (Alma 46:41).  So, if I shun wickedness and have faith in Christ, I can be happy now? If I choose to be, yes. 

Moroni goes further in qualifying the life of a serious Christian in verses 28 and 29, which if we can follow would certainly lead us to be happy.  Being as we are “free to choose eternal life” (see 2 Nephi 2:27) let’s choose happiness now by following this wise counsel of Moroni.

No comments: