Tuesday, December 30, 2014

Mormon 8





Moroni has to be the loneliest man in all scripture. “I am alone.  My father hath been slain in battle, and all my kinsfolk, and I have not friends nor whither to go; and how long the Lord will suffer that I may live I know not,” he wrote in verse 5.   These aren't the last words he wrote, though.  His last words to us in this record were written about 40 years later.  Judging by the rest of the words he chose to add to the metal plates on which he was writing, and judging by how spiritual they are, it is clear to me that Moroni did have one Friend:  the Savior.  He chose the rest of what he wrote specifically for us.  “Jesus Christ hath shown you unto me, and I know your doing” (v. 35).   Then in verses 36 – 40 he describes our day with great detail.  So, even being the last Nephite, Moroni was not entirely alone.  He relied on his Heavenly Friend.  When we feel lonely, may we remember to reach for that precious, wounded Hand that is always extended to us.

No comments: