Tuesday, June 17, 2014

1 Nephi 17




After eight years of travelling in the wilderness, Lehi’s band came to a place they appropriately named Bountiful.  As they had been told they would receive a Promised Land for their inheritance, beautiful and rich Bountiful must have held much promise in their sight.  Possibly they concluded their journey was over, for it was after “the space of many days” that Nephi was commanded to build a ship to continue their journey across the ocean.  Life is forever throwing us curve balls, isn’t it?  As I read of Lehi’s people constantly picking up and starting over, I look to them as an example of what being flexible looks like.




For an artist's rendering of this chapter, click here.

1 comment:

SunnySuze said...

I used to feel so accomplished when I had successfully traveled through yet another crisis. Now, when things have smoothed out, I give thanks and ask The Lord to prepare me for the next wave. Admittedly a slow learner, but, finally understanding that this is the lone and dreary world.