Tuesday, May 27, 2014

Are you ACAD?

Are you ACAD?  That is, do you like to read A Chapter A Day of the Book of Mormon?  If so, please join me here in my ACAD Blog.  Beginning June 1, 2014, I will post my commentary once a day beginning with 1 Nephi Chapter 1 and will continue daily posts until we've covered every chapter in the Book of Mormon.  Now this commentary will not be scholarly, nor will it be heavily doctrinal.  It is simply one woman's attempt to liken each chapter of the Book of Mormon to our lives.  I've been a member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints since 1976, and in all those years, about half of my Church service has involved teaching.  Most of that has been as a Gospel Doctrine Sunday School teacher, where the curriculum rotates around studies of the Old Testament, the New Testament, the Book of Mormon, the Doctrine and Covenants and the Pearl of Great Price, which members of the Church consider to all be scripture.  I love all these scriptures, and most particularly the Book of Mormon.

I believe reading any scripture has the most merit when it is found to be applicable to a person's life. My attempt over the next months will be to share thoughts I've had in my own personal study of the Book of Mormon and point out some of the lessons I've learned in studying this special volume and sharing it with class members.  I do not present the daily posts as being the teachings or doctrines of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, but take full responsibility for the content that will appear in the blog.  I genuinely hope that those who might choose to follow the blog will find some food for thought as they study with me the Book of Mormon.

Next time I'll explain how this blog came to be.

Susan R Miller

1 comment:

KaseyQ said...

Yay Sue! I’m so excited to start following along. I can’t believe how much I learned this past year in Institute studying the Book of Mormon. No matter how much you know, there’s always so much more to learn!